- When have you been speechless?
- Was it a positive or negative reason that left you speechless?
Commonly, we think of speechless moments resulting from something that has suddenly happened to us, whether good or bad.
- But what about those times when we have experienced something for an extended period and find ourselves speechless and uncertain how to proceed?
- And what about those times someone we know is struggling or something has happened across the city, state, nation, or globe, and we find ourselves speechless?
Those times can feel much like the vantage point of the person outside the maze in the picture above.
Not knowing which words to speak, we hesitate and linger just outside of the maze, hoping for someone, something, anything, to illuminate our mind with the correct words and choice of direction
- Does the Bible yield any encouragement or insight for these times of speechless uncertainty?